Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Greece is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Roam through the hilltop ruins of the Acropolis, climb to the monastery-capped rock pinnacles of Meteora, or ferry across to one of the breathtakingly beautiful islands; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Greece and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Greece Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine and customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 130 maps
- Covers Athens, Crete, Santorini, the Ionian Islands, Evia, the Sporades, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Saronic Gulf Islands, Macedonia, the Northeastern Aegean Islands, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Greece , our most comprehensive guide to Greece, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Greece? Check out Lonely Planet Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Athens? Check out Lonely Planet Pocket Athens, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Greece travel, Greece travel guide, Greece travel guidebook, Crete travel, Crete travel guide, Crete travel guidebook, Crete, Crete guide, Crete guidebook, Greece travel, Greece travel guide, Greece travel guidebook, Greece, Greece guide, Greece guidebook, Athens travel, Athens travel guide, Athens travel guidebook, Athens, Athens guide, Athens guidebook, Knossos, Hania, Iraklio, Lasithi, Elounda, Parthenon, Odeon of Herodes AtticusAthens, Thessaloniki, Santorini, Crete, Macedonia, Ionian Islands, Greek Islands
- Armstrong, Kate
- Averbuck, Alexis
- Bain, Carolyn
- Clark, Michael S
- Isalska, Anita
- Kaminski, Anna
- Miller, Korina
- Planet, Lonely
- Ward, Greg
- Waters, Richard
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN