Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Southern Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander the streets of Pompeii, a town frozen in time, wake up to the sound of a Neapolitan street market, or gaze at the Mediterranean; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Southern Italy Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, religion, art, architecture, politics, cuisine, and wine
- Over 41 colour maps
- Covers Naples, Pompeii, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily, the Amalfi Coast, Palermo, the Aeolian Islands, the Ionian Coast, Syracuse, Agrigento, Matera, Alberobello, Lecce, Capri, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southern Italy , our most comprehensive guide to Southern Italy, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast or Sicily? Check out our Lonely Planet Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast guide or Sicily guide for a comprehensive look at all these areas have to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer or Lonely Planet Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Southern Italy travel, Southern Italy travel guide, Southern Italy travel guidebook, Italy travel, Italy travel guide, Italy travel guidebook, Italy, Italy guide, Italy guidebook, Rome travel, Rome travel guide, Rome travel guidebook, Rome, Rome guide, Rome guidebook, Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Vatican, Colosseum, Forum, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, St Peter's Basilica, Spanish Steps, Capitoline Hill, Altare della Patria, Florence, Florence Cathedral, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Lake Como, Vatican Museum, Milan, milan cathedral, Venice, Piazza San Marco, Saint Mark's Basilica, Santa Maria della Salute, Tuscany