Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet USA's Classic Trips. We've chosen fifteen of our all-time favorite road trips that showcase the best the US has to offer, thrown in up-to-date stretch-your-legs guides to Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Santa Fe, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, and provided essential road trip information to get you cruising. Uncover ancient forests, bask in glorious sunsets on endless stretches of coastline, or take a nostalgic tour of Americana kitsch, all with your trusted travel companion. Hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet USA's Classic Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests - there's a trip for family travellers, history buffs, culinary connoisseurs, outdoor adventurers
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - hiring a car, fuelling up, local driving rules, parking, toll roads, road conditions, licenses, insurance, language tool
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Road Trip Essentials
- Covers New York, New England, Boston, Great Lakes, Chicago, Rocky Mountains, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Southwest, Las Vegas, Santa Fe, California, Los Angeles, San Francisco and more.
Classic Trips Included:
- Cascade Drive
- Grand Teton to Yellowstone
- Highway 101 Oregon Coast
- Pacific Coast Highways
- Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon
- Four Corners Cruise
- Fantastic Canyon Voyage
- Black Hills Loop
- Finger Lakes Loop
- Fall Foliage Tour
- Coastal New England
- The Civil War Tour
- Route 66
- Highway 1
- Blue Ridge Parkway
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet USA's Classic Trips is perfect for those planning that once-in-a-lifetime trip which includes a taste of all that makes USA so beloved.
- Looking for more itinerary options? Lonely Planet USA's Best Trips features 52 road trip itineraries to suit various travel agendas.
- Looking for more details? Lonely Planet USA, our most comprehensive guide to USA, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
There's More in Store for You:
- Explore more of the US's highways with Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to New York & the Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Coast Highway, Route 66, San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country, Southwest USA, and Pacific Northwest.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: guidebook, driving, tour, USA's, best, American, English, roadtrip, road, information, info, tourism, tourist, recommendations, highlights, attractions, itineraries, activities, vineyards, winetasting, San Francisco, Los Angeles, PCH, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Sierra Nevada, Las Vegas