Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch fog creep beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, ride a cable car past stately Victorians, or taste the best of California cuisine at the Ferry Building; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out San Francisco map (included in print version), plus over 17 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Golden Gate Bridge, The Marina, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Downtown, SoMa, Hayes Valley, Civic Center, The Mission, The Haight, Golden Gate Park, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket San Francisco a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of San Francisco's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco guide, or Lonely Planet Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: San Francisco travel, San Francisco travel guide, San Francisco travel guidebook, San Francisco, San Francisco guide, San Francisco guidebook, California travel, California travel guide, California travel guidebook, California, California guide, California guidebook, Golden Gate Bridge, Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Park, Chinatown, California Academy of Sciences, Union Square, Coit Tower, Trolley, Presidio, Japanese Tea Garden, Muir Woods National Monument, The Walt Disney Family Museum, Ocean Beach, Baker Beach, Oakland, San Francisco City Hall, Transamerica Pyramid, Mission district, Citylights bookstore, Napa