Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Chicago is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze out over the city from the heights of the Willis Tower, chow down on local specialties such as the famed deep-dish pizza or join the locals at Wrigley Field; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Chicago and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Chicago:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Chicago map (included in print version), plus 15 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers The Loop, Near North, Navy Pier, Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, Old Town, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Ukranian Village, Near West Side, Pilsen, South Loop and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Chicago, a colorful, easy-to-use and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick-trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Chicago's neighborhoods? Check out our Lonely Planet Chicago guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Chicago travel, Chicago travel guide, Chicago travel guidebook, Chicago, Chicago guide, Chicago guidebook, Illinois, Illinois travel, Illinois guidebook, Eastern USA travel, Eastern USA travel guide, Eastern USA travel guidebook, Eastern USA, Eastern USA guide, Eastern USA guidebook, Wrigley Field, Millenium Park, Art Institute of Chicago, Willis Tower, Navy Pier, John Hancock Center, Museum of Contemporary Art, Lincoln Park, Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum