Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Korea is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk along Cheong-gye-cheon's long-buried stream, hike around Jeju-do's volcanic landscape, or jump into a vat of mud during the Boryeong Mud Festival; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Korea and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Korea Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, and wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out Seoul map (included in print version), plus over 97 local maps
- Covers Seoul, Incheon, Jeju-do, Gyeonggi-do, Gangwon-do, Cheongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Sokcho, Samcheok, Chungju, Daejeon, Gongju, Daegu, North Korea, Pyongyang, Panmunjom, the DMZ, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Korea, our most comprehensive guide to Korea, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Seoul? Check out our Lonely Planet Seoul guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Korea travel, Korea travel guide, Korea travel guidebook, Korea, Korea guide, Korea guidebook, Seoul, Seoul travel, Seoul travel guide, Seoul travel guidebook, Seoul guide, Seoul guidebook, Cheong-gye-cheon, Palace of Illustrious Virtue, Hwaseong Fortress, Demilitarized Zone, Bulguk-sa