Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch a Murano glass-blower practice his craft, stroll past stalls of tiny octopus and giant oysters at Rialto Market, or take a moonlit gondola ride past ancient palaces; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Venice and the Veneto and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, cuisine, wine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Venice map (included in print version), plus over 29 colour neighbourhood maps
- Covers Sestiere di San Marco, Sestiere di Dorsoduro, Sestieri de San Polo and Santa Croce, Sestiere di Cannaregio, Sestiere di Castello, Giudecca, Lido, Murano, Burano, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto, our most comprehensive guide to Venice, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Venice and the Veneto travel, Venice and the Veneto travel guide, Venice and the Veneto travel guidebook, Italy travel, Italy travel guide, Italy travel guidebook, Italy, Italy guide, Italy guidebook, Rome travel, Rome travel guide, Rome travel guidebook, Rome, Rome guide, Rome guidebook, Palazzo Ducale, Basilica di San Marco, Lido, Gallerie dell'Accademia, Rialto Market, Piazza San Marco, Doge's Palace, Santa Maria della Salute, Milan, Naples, Florence