Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stare in awe at the Sistine Chapel, sip a cappuccino on a cobbled piazza (square) or walk in the footsteps of gladiators at the Colosseum; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Rome Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, literature, cinema, music, cuisine, wine and the Roman way of life
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 36 colour maps
- Covers Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi, Vatican City, Monti, Esquilino, Trastevere, Gianicolo, Testaccio, Villa Borghese, highlights of Lazio, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Rome, our most comprehensive guide to Rome, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Rome? Check out Lonely Planet Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Rome travel, Rome travel guide, Rome travel guidebook, Rome, Rome guide, Rome guidebook, Italy travel, Italy travel guide, Italy Travel guidebook, Italy, Italy guide, Italy guidebook, Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Vatican, Colosseum, Forum, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, St Peter's Basilica, Spanish Steps, Capitoline Hill, Altare della Patria, Florence, Florence Cathedral, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Lake Como, Vatican Museum, Milan, milan cathedral, Venice, Piazza San Marco, Saint Mark's Basilica, Santa Maria della Salute