Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Athens is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the Acropolis raised spectacularly over Athens, follow in the footsteps of Socrates at the Agora, or step into the Temple of Olympian Zeus; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Athens and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Athens:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 21 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Greek Parliament, Syntagma, Plaka, Keramikos, Gazi, Filopappou Hill, Thisio, Monastiraki, Psyrri, Exarhia, Kolonaki, Benaki Museum, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Athens a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Greece guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Athens travel, Athens travel guide, Athens travel guidebook, Athens, Athens guide, Athens guidebook, Greece travel, Greece travel guide, Greece travel guidebook, Crete travel, Crete travel guide, Crete travel guidebook, Crete, Crete guide, Crete guidebook, Greece travel, Greece travel guide, Greece travel guidebook, Greece, Greece guide, Greece guidebook, Acropolis, Agora, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Benaki Museum, Knossos, Hania, Iraklio, Lasithi, Elounda, Parthenon, Odeon of Herodes AtticusAthens, Thessaloniki, Santorini, Crete, Macedonia, Ionian Islands, Greek Islands