Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet Outback Australia Road Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering Australia's Outback by car. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, experience Australia's iconic wide-open spaces and unforgettable landmarks, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the Outback, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Outback Australia Road Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip
- Covers Central Australia, New South Wales, Adelaide, Darwin, Alice Springs, Uluru, the Olgas, Kings Canyon, Katherine, Coober Pedy, Bathurst, Broken Hill, Dubbo, Bourke, Cobar and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Outback Australia Road Trips is perfect for exploring Outback Australia via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning an Australian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet Central Australia: Adelaide to Darwin, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Australia's spectacular countryside and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Australia by car with Lonely Planet's Australia's Best Trips guide or Tasmania Road Trips or Coastal Victoria Road Trips.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Outback, Outback travel, Outback guide, Outback travel books, Outback travel guide, Outback travel guide book, Outback travel guidebook, Outback guidebook, Outback guide book, Outback's best drives, Outback's best trips, Outback Australia, driving in the Outback, Outback driving tour, Australia travel, Australia travel books, Australia travel guide, Australia travel guidebook, Australia travel guide book, Australia, Australia guide, Australia guidebook, Australia guide book, Australia's best trips, Australia's best drives, driving in Australia, Australian road trip, Australia road trips, Australia driving tour, Central Australia, New South Wales, Adelaide, Darwin, Uluru, Broken Hill