#1 best-selling guide to India *
Lonely Planet India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the perfect symmetry of the Taj Mahal, ride a camel through the moonlit desert or cruise the lush backwaters of Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's India Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - temples, cuisine, history, art, Hinduism, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, customs, volunteering, yoga, ashrams, trekking
- Over 199 colour maps
- Covers Delhi's bazaars, the Taj Mahal, Rajasthan's forts and deserts, Goa's beaches, Kerala's backwaters, Mumbai's colonial-era buildings, Darjeeling's tea plantations, Khajuraho's ancient temples, Himalayan monasteries and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet India, our most comprehensive guide to India, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of India? Check out Discover India, a photo-rich guide to India's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Goa, Mumbai, South India or Kerala? Check out Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala guide, Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide, or Goa & Mumbai guide for a comprehensive look at all that these regions have to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to India. Source: Nielsen Bookscan, Australia, UK and USA, December 2013-November 2014
Keywords: India travel, India travel guide, India travel guidebook, India tour, India holiday, India guide, India guidebook, Kerala travel, Kerala travel guide, Kerala travel guidebook, Delhi, Delhi travel, Delhi travel guide, Delhi travel guidebook, Taj Mahaj, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Bombay, Goa, Darjeeling, Kerala, Mysore Palace, The Red Fort, Humayun's Tomb, Hawa Mahal, Lotus Temple, Gateway of India, Agra Fort, Akshardham, Jama Masjid, City Palace Udaipur, Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Benanav, Michael
- Blasi, Abigail
- Clammer, Paul
- Elliott, Mark
- Harding, Paul
- Mahapatra, Anirban
- Noble, John
- Planet, Lonely
- Raub, Kevin
- Singh, Sarina
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN