Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop and dine in Shinjuku, catch a sumo tournament, get a bird's-eye view from the Tokyo Sky Tree and day-trip to majestic Mt Fuji; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 19 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Ginza, Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi, Asakusa, Mt Fuji and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Tokyo's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Tokyo guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Tokyo travel, Tokyo travel guide, Tokyo travel guidebook, Tokyo, Tokyo guide, Tokyo guidebook, Japan travel, Japan travel guide, Japan travel guidebook, Japan, Japan guide, Japan guidebook, Tsukiji Market, Senso-ji, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo National Museum, Mt Fuji, Meiji-jingu, Imperial Palace