Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Kyoto is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get a panoramic view of Kyoto at Ginkaku-ji, catch a glimpse of geishas in the Gion district, or see Arashiyama's infinite stalks of bamboo; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kyoto and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Kyoto Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, performing arts, crafts, architecture, gardens, politics, and tea
- Free, convenient pull-out Kyoto map (included in print version), plus over 28 neighbourhood maps
- Covers Arashiyama, Sagano, the Kitayama Area, Northern Higashiyama, Southern Higashiyama, Northwest Kyoto, Downtown Kyoto, Central Kyoto, Kurama, Kibune, Ohara, Takao, the Gion district, Kyoto Station Area, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Kyoto, our most comprehensive guide to Kyoto, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Kyoto travel, Kyoto travel guide, Kyoto travel guidebook, Kyoto, Keyoto guide, Keyoto guidebook, Japan travel, Japan travel guide, Japan travel guidebook, Japan, Japan guide, Japan guidebook, Tokyo travel, Tokyo travel guide, Tokyo travel guide, Tokyo travel guidebook, Tokyo, Tokyo guide, Tokyo guidebook Fushimi Inari Shrine, Arashiyama, Ginkaku-ji, Kinkaku-ji, Chion-in, Mt Fuji, Miyajima, sensoji temple, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Tokyo Skytree, Osaka Castle, Himeji Castle, Nikko National Park, Edo-Tokyo Museum, Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan