Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Bangkok is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at the blinged-out structures of Wat Phra Kaew temple, ogle at Wat Pho's reclining Buddha, or visit Jim Thompson's house for exquisite artwork; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Bangkok:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Worth a Trip, Best Walks, and For Kids
- Coverage of Banglamphu, Chinatown, Ko Ratanakosin, Thonburi, Siam Square, Pratunam, Ploenchit, Sukhumvit, Riverside, Silom, Lumphini, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Bangkok is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Bangkok's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet Bangkok.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Thailand for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Austin Bush.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Bangkok travel, Bangkok travel guide, Bangkok travel guidebook, Bangkok, Bangkok travel guide book, Bangkok travel books, Bangkok guide, Bangkok guide book, Bangkok guidebook, Thailand, Thailand travel, Thailand travel guide, Thailand travel guidebook, Thailand travel guide book, Thailand travel books, Thailand guide, Thailand guide book, Thailand guidebook, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Arun, Dusit Palace Park, Wat Pho, Southeast Asia, Southeast Asia travel, Southeast Asia travel guide, Southeast Asia guide, Southeast Asia guidebook, Southeast Asia guide book, Southeast Asia travel guidebook, Southeast Asia travel books, Southeast Asia phrasebook, Southeast Asia language guide, Thai, Thai language guide, Thai phrasebook, Thai dictionary, Thai food