Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Shanghai is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Enjoy the Bund's spectacle of heritage architecture, wander the Yuyuan traditional Chinese gardens, or see the latest in fashion at French Concession; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Shanghai and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Shanghai Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, arts, architecture, customs, religion and belief, music, martial arts
- Free, convenient pull-out Shanghai city map (included in print version), plus over 28 colour maps
- Covers The Bund, People's Square, Old Town, French Concession, Jing'an, Pudong, Hongkou, North Shanghai, Xujiahui, South Shanghai, West Shanghai, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Shanghai, our most comprehensive guide to Shanghai, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Shanghai? Check out Lonely Planet' Pocket Shanghai, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's China guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Damian Harper, and Dai Min.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Shanghai travel, Shanghai travel guide, Shanghai travel guidebook, Shanghai, Shanghai guide, Shanghai guidebook, China, China travel, China guide, the Bund, French Concession, Jade Buddha Temple, M50, Zhujiajiao