Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Alaska is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch playful bears and breaching whales, catch a ferry to remote islands, explore the nightlife of Anchorage, or fill up at a Salmon Bake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Alaska and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Alaska Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - landscapes, wildlife, culture
- Free, convenient pull-out Alaska map (included in print version), plus over 35 color maps
- Covers Juneau, Anchorage, Prince William Sound, Denali, Kodiak, Katmai, Kenai Peninsula and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Alaska, our most comprehensive guide to Alaska, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Canada guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Brendan Sainsbury, Greg Benchwick and Catherine Bodry.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Alaska travel, Alaska travel guide, Alaska travel guidebook, Alaska, Alaska guide, Alaska guidebook, Anchorage, Juneau, Denali, Kodiak, Canada travel, Arctic travel, Northern Lights travel, Arctic, Northern Lights