Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Sri Lanka is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Follow in the footsteps of Buddha and modern-day pilgrims to the summit of Adam's Peak, wander the crumbling ruins and lost cities of the cultural triangle in the heart of the island or explore undiscovered beaches on the recently reopened east coast; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sri Lanka and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Sri Lanka Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - tea, cuisine, wildlife, history
- More than 50 maps
- Covers Colombo, Galle, South, West and East coasts, the hill country, Jaffna, the ancient cities and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Stuart Butler, Iain Stewart.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Sri Lanka travel, Sri Lanka travel guide, Sri Lanka travel guidebook, tea, tea estates, Jaffna, Colombo travel, Colombo travel guide, Colombo travel guidebook, wildlife reserves, beaches, ancient cities, cultural triangle, hill country, hoppers, national parks, Galle travel, Galle travel guide, Galle travel guidebook, Jaffna travel, Jaffna travel guide, Jaffna travel guidebook, Weligama travel, Weligama travel guide, Weligama travel guidebook, Anuradhapura travel, Anuradhapura travel guide, Anaradhapura travel guidebook, Sigiriya travel, Sigiriya travel guide, Sigiriya travel guidebook, Yala travel, Yala travel guide, Yala travel guidebook, Trincomalee travel, Trincomalee travel guide, Trincomalee travel guidebook, Arugam Bay travel, Arugam Bay travel guidebook, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa