Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Scale the Statue of Liberty; stroll Central Park; be dazzled by the bright lights of Times Square; and lose yourself in the vast Metropolitan Museum of Art (MoMA); all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus 19 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, East Village & Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Union Square, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, and Central Park.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of New York's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide. Or check out Lonely Planet's Discover New York City guide, a photo-rich guide focused on the city's most popular sights.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Cristian Bonetto.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: New York travel, New York travel guide, New York travel guidebook, New York, Lower Manhattan, Financial District, SoHo, Chinatown New York, East Village, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking, Meatpacking district, Union Square, Gramercy, Flatiron, Flatiron district, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Central Park, Harlem, Brooklyn, South Brooklyn, Williamsburg, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Met, Guggenheim Museum, the High Line, Times Square, World Trade Center Site, Museum of Modern Art, MoMA, Central Park, New York City, New York City travel guide, New York city guidebook.