Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore still-seething volcanos and bubbling mud pools, pull on your boots to tramp or kayak a Great Walk (yes, you can!) and learn how Maori culture is so much more than just rugby and the All Blacks; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's North Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's New Zealand's North Island Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - History, sport, cinema, literature, arts, music, the environment and wildlife, Maori culture and etiquette, legends, politics, customs, extreme sports, wine and foodie experiences, festivals
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Auckland, Bay of Islands & Northland, Waikato & Coromandel, Taranaki & Whanganui, Taupo & the Central Plateau, Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty, the East Coast, Wellington and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand's North Island, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Brett Atkinson, Sarah Bennett, Charles Rawlings-Way, Lee Slater.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: New Zealand travel, New Zealand travel guide, New Zealand travel guidebook, Auckland, Auckland, Bay of Islands, Northland, Waikato, Coromandel, Taranaki, Whanganui, Taupo, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Wellington