Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the dramatic peaks and valleys of Fiordland National Park, stroll past bays and beaches of the Abel Tasman Coast, or scale an active volcano on the North Island, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's trails and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Great Walks and itineraries sections show you the simplest way to tailor your trip around the best hikes to suit your own personal needs and interests
- Special features on clothing & equipment, hike safety and other non-hiking outdoor activities
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - including eating and sleeping reviews to towns and hiking destinations
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, environment and bird-spotting
- Over 75 maps
- Coverage of the Far North, Auckland Region, Tongariro, Mt Taranaki, Wellington Region, Marlborough, Abel Tasman, Nelson Lakes, Arthurs Pass, West Coast, Mt Aspiring, Queenstown Region, Fiordland, Stewart Island, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand, our most comprehensive guide to hiking in New Zealand, is perfect for those planning to explore New Zealand's top hikes.
- Looking for a guide focused on New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand guide for a comprehensive look at what the country has to offer; or Lonely Planet's Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on just the North or South islands of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand's North Island guide or New Zealand's South Island guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these islands has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sarah Bennett, Lee Slater and Department of Conservation experts.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: New Zealand travel, New Zealand travel guide, New Zealand travel guidebook, Tongariro National Park, Mt Taranaki, Abel Tasman National Park, Mt Aspiring National Park, Fiordland National Park