Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire Shwedagon Paya's sheer size and mystical aura, visit the water-bound temples on Inle Lake, or float over Bagan's temple tops in a hot-air balloon; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Myanmar (Burma) and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Myanmar (Burma) Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, Kayin State, Thazi, Kalaw, Pyin Oo Lwin, Hsipaw, Shwebo, Mrauk U, Myitkyina, Central Myanmar, Northern Myanmar, Eastern Myanmar, Southern Myanmar, Western Myanmar and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma), our most comprehensive guide to Myanmar (Burma), is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Simon Richmond, Austin Bush, David Eimer, Mark Elliott and Nick Ray.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Myanmar travel, Burma travel, Myanmar travel guide, Burma travel guide, Myanmar travel guidebook, Burma travel guidebook, Shwedagon Paya, Ngapali Beach, Mt Kyaiktiyo, Inle Lake, National Kandawgyi Gardens