Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Colorado is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the near-constant blue skies of Denver, hike through Rocky Mountain National Park, or climb the ice walls in Aspen while listening to live music; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Colorado and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Colorado Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, politics, landscapes, wildlife, outdoor activities, road trips and scenic drives, and cuisine
- Over 35 color maps
- Coverage of Denver, Aspen, Vail, Rocky Mountain National Park, Boulder, San Luis Valley, Durango, Silverton, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Monte Vista, Trinidad, Alamosa, Twin Lakes, Manitou Springs, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Colorado, our most comprehensive guide to Colorado, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Western USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn McCarthy, Greg Benchwick and Chris Pitts.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.