Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Florence is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the world's finest collection of Renaissance art at the Uffizi Gallery, climb to the top of Brunelleschi's primal dome, or marvel at Michelangelo's David; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Florence and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Florence:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Florence map (included in print version), plus over 20 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features including Top Sights (quick glance at must-sees), Walking Tours, Best Art, and Best for Families
- Coverage of Duomo & Piazza della Signoria, Santa Maria Novella, San Lorenzo & San Marco, Fiesole, Santa Croce, Pisa, Siena, and more
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Florence is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick-trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Florence's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Florence & Tuscany guide, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Florence travel, Florence travel guide, Florence travel guidebook, Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, Michelangelo, Cupola del Brunelleschi, Giotto's Campanile, Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore