Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet The Italian Lakes is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Tour elegant lakeshore villas, climb a peak for dizzying lake views, or browse the fashion houses of Milan; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of The Italian Lakes and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's The Italian Lakes Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine and customs and etiquette.
- Over 42 colour maps
- Useful features - Walking & Driving Tours, Eat & Drink Like a Local, and First Time
- Coverage of Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, Lake Lugano, Lake d'Iseo, Lake Orta, Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona, Cremona, Mantua, Bellagio and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet The Italian Lakes, our most comprehensive guide to the Italian Lakes, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Milan? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Milan & the Lakes, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Paula Hardy and Anthony Ham.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Italian lakes travel
Italian lakes travel, Italian lakes travel guide, Italian lakes travel guidebook, Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, Lake Lugano, Lake d'Iseo, Lake Orta, Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona, Cremona, Mantua, Bellagio, Lecco, Pavia, Lake Barbelino, Lake Endine, Lake Mezzola, Lake Ledro, Lake Idro, Lake Mezzo