Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop and dine in Shinjuku, catch a sumo tournament, get a bird's-eye view from the Tokyo Sky Tree and day-trip to majestic Mt Fuji; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 20 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best for Kids, Walking Tours, and Don't Miss (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Ginza, Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi, Asakusa, Mt Fuji and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick-trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Tokyo's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Tokyo guide, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Tokyo travel, Tokyo travel guide, Tokyo travel guid, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Ginza, Tsujiki Fish Market, Mt Fuji, sushi, onsen, kabuki, geisha, ryokan, cherry blossom, castle, temple, sumo