Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimise your budget. Tour French chateaux, take boat trips to Greek beaches, hike past Bulgarian monasteries and glug Spanish wine; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring Travel Guide:
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Over 200 maps
- Covers Austria, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring is perfect for experiencing exploring both top sights and roads less travelled on a budget.
- Looking for suggestions from a wider range of prices? Check out Lonely Planet Europe for a comprehensive look at all the continent has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Discover Europe, a photo-rich guide that focuses on the top experiences.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides, our most comprehensive guides that cover destinations' top sights and offbeat experiences, or check out our photo-rich Discover or Best of guides, which focus on destinations' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn Bain, James Bainbridge, Mark Baker, Oliver Berry, Greg Bloom, Kerry Christiani, Chris Deliso, Marc Di Duca, Peter Dragicevech, Mark Elliott, Steve Fallon, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Anna Kaminski, Craig McLachlan, Anja Mutic, Brandon Presser, Tim Richards, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Tamara Sheward, Regis St Louis, Andy Symington, Ryan Ver Bermoes, Luke Waterson, Nicola Williams and Neil Wilson
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: guid, western, eastern, book, information, tourism, London, recommendations, tours, itineraries, info, map, phras, language, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Swedish, Scandinavia, Mediterranean, Hungarian, Czech, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, England, France, Spain, Italy, Rome, Germany, Berlin, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, Great Britain, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Warsaw, Prague, Scandinavia, Austria, Switzerland
- Berry, Oliver
- Garwood, Duncan
- Ham, Anthony
- Masters, Tom
- McLachlan, Craig
- Planet, Lonely
- Schulte-Peevers, Andrea
- Symington, Andy
- Williams, Nicola
- Wilson, Neil
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN