Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, blend medieval with modern during a London city tour, or follow a round of golf with a wee dram of Scottish whisky; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Great Britain and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, sport, politics, landscapes, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Covers London, Oxford, Central England, Bath, Southwest England, York, Northern England, Wales, Edinburgh, Central Scotland, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Great Britain, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on Great Britain's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide.
- Looking for a guide to London? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, Fionn Davenport, Marc Di Duca, Belinda Dixon, Peter Dragicevich, David Else, Damian Harper, Anna Kaminski, Catherine Le Nevez, Fran Parnell, Andy Symington and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
- Berry, Oliver
- Davenport, Fionn
- Dixon, Belinda
- Dragicevich, Peter
- Harper, Damian
- Kaminski, Anna
- Nevez, Catherine Le
- Planet, Lonely
- Symington, Andy
- Wilson, Neil
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN