Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Hungary is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ogle sinuous Art Nouveau architecture in Budapest, take a cruise along the blue Danube, or see the dust fly at a cowboy show; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Hungary and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Hungary Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, architecture, painting, folk art, music, literature, etiquette, religion, landscapes, wildlife, wine, cuisine, and more.
- Free, convenient pull-out Budapest map (included in print version), plus over 40 maps
- Useful features - including First Time Hungary, Eat & Drink Like a Local and Month by Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Budapest, the Danube Bend, Lake Balaton, Szeged, Pecs, Sopron, Southern Transdanubia, the Great Plain, Western Transdanubia, Eger, Northern Uplands, Szentendre, Visegrad, Villany, and more.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Hungary, our most comprehensive guide to Hungary, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Budapest? Check out Lonely Planet's Budapest guide for a comprehensive look at what the city has to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern Europe guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Steve Fallon, Anna Kaminski and Caroline Sieg.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Hungary travel
Hungary travel, Hungary travel guide, Hungary travel guidebook, Budapest travel, Budapest travel guide, Budapest travel guidebook, Hungary, Budapest, the Danube, the Danube Bend, Lake Balaton, Szeged, Pecs, Sopron, Eger, thermal baths,