Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Boston is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Trace American history along the Freedom Trail, feel the intensity of Red Sox Nation at Fenway Park, or take an enchanting lantern-lit stroll through Beacon Hill; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Boston and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Boston Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, colleges and universities, sports, eating, drinking, nightlife, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Boston map (included in print version), plus over 25 color local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Day Trips
- Coverage of Charlestown, West End, North End, Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Downtown, the Waterfront, South End, Chinatown, Back Bay, Kenmore Square, Fenway, Seaport District, Cambridge, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Boston, our most comprehensive guide to Boston, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's New England guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Mara Vorhees.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.