Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch sunsets and surfers along the Pacific Coast Highway, hike through wildflower-strewn meadows in Yosemite, or dine on organic California cuisine while overlooking Napa Valley vineyards; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, politics, landscapes, wildlife, beaches, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 35 color maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Coverage of Northern California, Central Coast, Wine Country, San Francisco, Yosemite, Sierra Nevadas, San Diego, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Disneyland, Orange County, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities to get to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover California, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on the state's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the state has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide.
- Looking for a guide to San Francisco or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco City guide orLos Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Beth Kohn, Bridget Gleeson, Andrew Bender, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Nate Cavalieri, Andrew Schulte-Peevers, and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off the beaten track and understand more of the nature and culture of the places they find themselves in.
- Bender, Andrew
- Benson, Sara
- Bing, Alison
- Cavalieri, Nate
- Gleeson, Bridget
- Kohn, Beth
- Planet, Lonely
- Schulte-Peevers, Andrea
- Vlahides, John A
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN