Complex Locations: Women's Geographical Work in the UK 1850-1970
This enlightening book makes visible the lives and works of women who played a critical role in the development of geography as an academic field.
- A rare and detailed analysis of the geographical work of 30 individual women geographers from 1850 to 1970
- Includes oral histories from women who have held appointments in British universities since World War II
- Makes the work of women geographers visible and challenges the notion of pre 1970s geography as an overwhelmingly masculine field
- Makes an important contribution to debates about the theoretical and methodological framing of the historiography of geography
Keywords: Social & Cultural Geography
- Maddrell, Avril
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- RGS-IBG Book Series
- Page amount
- 432 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN