- Provides an overview of geomorphological process activity and landscape change in Britain over the past 1000 years.
- The range of the book is unusually broad, encompassing hillslope, valley floor and floodplain, fluvial, estuarine and coastal processes.
- Considers the relevance of technological and conceptual approaches to understanding landscape dynamics.
- Examines key process environments highlighting significant trends and the influence of human activity, and incorporating examples and modelling.
- Encourages geographers to look forward to the challenges that geomorphology faces in the new millennium.
Find out more information about the RGS-IBG journals by following the links below:
The Geographical Journal:
Transactions of the Insititute of British Geographers:
Keywords: activity; expert; process; contributors; britain; overview; change; edge; geomorphological; broad; book; range; approaches; conceptual; dynamics; relevance; landscape; millennium; higgitts; nature; environmental; david; last; significance, Geography Special Topics, Physical Geography, Geography Special Topics, Physical Geography