Ancient Greek Philosophy: From the Presocratics to the Hellenistic Philosophers
presents a comprehensive introduction to the philosophers and philosophical traditions that developed in ancient Greece from 585 BC to 529 AD.
- Provides coverage of the Presocratics through the Hellenistic philosophers
- Moves beyond traditional textbooks that conclude with Aristotle
- A uniquely balanced organization of original source material with depth of commentary, informed by classroom feedback
- Contextual commentary traces the development of lines of thought through the period, ideal for students new to the discipline
- Can be used in conjunction with the online resources found at http://tab.faculty.asu.edu/toc.html
Keywords: Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Platonic theories, ethics, Sophists, classics, classical tradition