Herman, Peter C.
A Short History of Early Modern England: British Literature in Context
A Short History of Early Modern England presents the historical and cultural information necessary for a richer understanding of English Renaissance literature.
- Written in a clear and accessible style for an undergraduate level audience
- Gives an overview of the period’s history as well as an understanding of the historiographic issues
- Explores key historical and literary events, from the Wars of the Roses to the publication of John Milton’s Paradise Regained
- Features in depth explanations of key terms and concepts, such as absolutism and the Elizabethan Settlement
Keywords: Milton, Shakespeare, Civil War, Renaissance Drama, Restoration, Sixteenth Century Literature, Seventeenth
- Herman, Peter C.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 268 pages
- Litterary Studies
- General Works
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN