Kronenfeld, David B.
A Companion to Cognitive Anthropology
A Companion to Cognitive Anthropology offers a comprehensive overview of the development of cognitive anthropology from its inception to the present day and presents recent findings in the areas of theory, methodology, and field research in twenty-nine key essays by leading scholars.
- Demonstrates the importance of cognitive anthropology as an early constituent of the cognitive sciences
- Examines how culturally shared and complex cognitive systems work, how they are structured, how they differ from one culture to another, how they are learned and passed on
- Explains how cultural (or collective) vs. individual knowledge distinguishes cognitive anthropology from cognitive psychology
- Examines recent theories and methods for studying cognition in real-world scenarios
- Contains twenty-nine key essays by leading names in the field
Keywords: cognition, culture, kinship, gender, language, theory, methods, evolution
- Kronenfeld, David B.
- Bennardo, Giovanni
- Munck, Victor C. de
- Fischer, Michael D.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 616 pages
- Geography, Travel
- General Works
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN