Combining seamless synthesis of original material with updated scholarship, The European Reformations2nd edition
, provides the most comprehensive and engaging textbook available on the origins and impacts of Europe's Reformations - and the consequences that continue to resonate today.
- A fully revised and comprehensive edition of this popular introduction to the Reformations of the sixteenth century
- Includes new sections on the Catholic Reformation, the Counter Reformation, the role of women, and the Reformation in Britain
- Sets the origins of the movements in the context of late medieval social, economic and religious crises, carefully tracing its trajectories through the different religious groups
- Succeeds in weaving together religion, politics, social forces, and the influential personalities of the time, in to one compelling story
- Provides a variety of supplementary materials, including end-of-chapter suggestions for further reading, along with maps, illustrations, a glossary, and chronologies
Keywords: Reformation & Renaissance Religious History