Combining the main findings, methods and analytic techniques of this central approach to language and social interaction, along with real-life examples and step-by-step explanations, Conversation Analysis
is the ideal student guide to the field.
- Introduces the main findings, methods and analytic techniques of conversation analysis (CA) – a growing interdisciplinary field exploring language and social interaction
- Provides an engaging historical overview of the field, along with detailed coverage of the key findings in each area of CA and a guide to current research
- Examines the way talk is composed, and how conversation structures highlight aspects of human behavior
- Focuses on the most important domains of organization in conversation, including turn-taking, action sequencing, repair, stories, openings and closings, and the effect of context
- Includes real-life examples and step-by-step explanations, making it an ideal guide for students navigating this growing field
Keywords: Discourse & Conversation Analysis, Conversation analysis, discourse, sociolinguistics, language in society, interaction, CA