Ethics for Psychotherapists and Counselors utilizes positive discussions accompanied by a variety of thought-provoking exercises, case scenarios, and writing assignments to introduce readers to all the major ethical issues in psychotherapy.
- First book designed to engage students and psychotherapists in the process of developing a professional identity that integrates their personal values with the ethics and traditions of their discipline
- Authors take a positive and proactive approach that encourages readers to go beyond following the rules and to strive for ethical excellence
- Utilizes a variety of thought-provoking exercises, case scenarios, and writing assignments
- Authors present examples from their own backgrounds to help clarify the issues discussed
- Text emphasizes awareness of one’s own ethical, personal, and cultural backgrounds and how these apply to one’s clinical practice