Seeing the Light: Exploring Ethics Through Movies is an engaging and innovative approach to the study of philosophy and the development of moral reasoning skills.
- Features broad coverage of topics in ethics and moral reasoning
- Offers an innovative and imaginative approach to showing relevance of movies for ethical reflection
- Draws on a diverse selection of popular movies, foreign films, and documentaries to illustrate ethical dilemmas and character development on the big screen that has application to our lives
- Presents coverage of major ethical theories ranging from Ethical Egoism and Cultural Relativism to Utilitarianism, Kantian Ethics, Rawls' Justice Theory, Aristotle's Virtue Ethics, and Feminist Ethics
- Demonstrates how film is a powerful vehicle for sharpening skills in analysis and moral reasoning
- Visit the accompanying website www.exploringethics.com, available on publication