-Blackwell Companion to Religion and Social Justice
brings together a team of distinguished scholars to provide a comprehensive and comparative account of social justice in the major religious traditions.
- The first publication to offer a comparative study of social justice for each of the major world religions, exploring viewpoints within Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism
- Offers a unique and enlightening volume for those studying religion and social justice - a crucially important subject within the history of religion, and a significant area of academic study in the field
- Brings together the beliefs of individual traditions in a comprehensive, explanatory, and informative style
- All essays are newly-commissioned and written by eminent scholars in the field
- Benefits from a distinctive four-part organization, with sections on major religions; religious movements and themes; indigenous people; and issues of social justice, from colonialism to civil rights, and AIDS through to environmental concerns
Keywords: General & Introductory Religion & Theology, Comparative religious ethics, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, ethics