Through a series of essays contributed by leading experts in the field, The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Practical Theology
presents an introduction to practical theology as a major area of Christian study and practice, including an overview of its key developments, themes, methods, and future directions.
- The first comprehensive reference work to provide a survey, description and analysis of practical theology as an area of study
- A range of leading scholars in the field provide original contributions on the major areas, issues, and figures in practical theology
- Reviews an extensive range of methods for studying theology in practice, along with sub-disciplines in theological education such as pastoral care and preaching
- Covers developments in the discipline in a range of global contexts and distinct Christian traditions
- Shows how practical theology is relevant to everyday life
Keywords: Theology, Pastoral care, preaching, theology in practice, social policy, evangelism, religious leadership