Doughty, Catherine J.
The Handbook of Language Teaching
Bringing together an international and interdisciplinary team of contributors, this Handbook is a wide-ranging and invaluable reference guide to language teaching.
- A comprehensive reference work on language teaching, which combines the latest research findings, coverage of core topics, and examples of teaching experience from a variety of languages and settings
- Provides a unique breadth of coverage, including: the psycholinguistic underpinnings of language learning; social, political, and educational contexts; program design; materials writing and course design; teaching and testing; teacher education; and assessment and evaluation
- Offers a balanced evaluation of the major positions and approaches, including examining the increasingly important social and political context of language teaching
- Written by an international and interdisciplinary group of authors from a dozen different countries; English is only one of the many languages used as examples throughout the volume
Keywords: Language Teaching, Language teaching, second language acquisition, , language learning, language testing, , language program design
- Doughty, Catherine J.
- Long, Michael H.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Blackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
- Page amount
- 824 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN