The third edition of News & Numbers is a clear and comprehensively updated introduction to the role, logic and language of statistics which focuses on how to evaluate statistical claims in science, health, medicine, and politics.
- Includes new sections on computer modelling, missing numbers, health care quality and its costs and risks
- Features a completely new chapter on reporting on risk
- Contains additional and updated examples throughout
- Illustrates how an understanding of statistics can help in writing about business, education, environmental policy, sports, opinion polls, crime and other topics
- Focuses on how to evaluate statistical claims in science, health, medicine, and politics