Looking to bag that Specialty Training position?
Applying for your first consultant’s post?
This fully updated short guide covers recruitment at each step of the medical career, and helps you plan an effective strategy to get the job you want.
The authors advise on the basics from choosing your ideal specialty, preparing a strong CV, and what to do to get shortlisted, through the application process, and the interview itself. New features include:
- Chapters tackling online application for the Foundation Programme, and the new structured interview in Specialty Training recruitment
- How to deal with the academic interview
- Advice on how to explain time out from training
- Real examples of successful and unsuccessful answers to interview questions
- Step-by-step key points to consider when working on your own application
With advice on successfully moving and settling into your new medical job, this is the ideal aid for medical students applying for Foundation Programme training, recently qualified junior doctors applying for Specialty Training, and those applying for their first consultant post.