This book is a unique and definitive guide to the skills necessary for on-camera journalism and offers an invaluable behind-the-scenes look at the profession.
- Tailors the traditional skills of writing, reporting, and producing to the needs of journalists working in front of the camera
- Includes chapters devoted to the role of the storyteller, reporting the story across multiple platforms, and presenting the story on-camera
- Incorporates profiles of leading multimedia journalists and public relations practitioners
- Addresses the key ethical issues for the profession
- Offers practical advice for putting presentation skills to work
- Storytelling skills covered can be applied to a variety of traditional and new media formats including television news, radio, and podcasts