Fully revised and updated, the eighth edition of The World News Prism
analyzes the changing role of transnational news media in the 21st-century globalized world and its impact on rapidly changing news events.
- Includes a new chapter dedicated to evolving traditional and new social media in Middle East
- Expands the discussion of news systems in developing nations, comparing media growth in India and Africa
- Explores the impact of digital media on traditional societies
- Features important updates on the decline of print media in the West and the challenges this poses to global reporting
- Surveys the latest developments in new media and forecasts future developments
Keywords: Journalism, reporting, global media, digital media, social media, new media, Media Studies, Media Studies