Lookingbill, Brad D.
The American Military: A Narrative History
The American Military: A Narrative History presents a comprehensive introduction to more than four centuries of American military history.
- Presents a chronological account of American military history from clashes between militias and Native Americans to 21st-century operations in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Features personal vignettes to put a human face on armed conflict
- Addresses patterns of national service, the evolution of civil-military relations, and the advent of all-volunteer forces
- Puts events in historical context, and considers cultural, social, political, economic, and technological developments
Keywords: Afghanistan, Iraq, American Revolution, War for Independence, Yorktown, National Guard, US Navy, Coast Guard, Tripoli, Manifest Destiny, armed forces, civil war, gettysburg, Indian Wars, Native American, Wounded Knee, Custer, World Wars, GI, doughboy, WW1, WW2, VE Day, VJ Day, Normandy, D-Day, nuclear, atom bomb, atomic bomb, Korean War, Korean Conflict, Korea, Vietnam, Saigon, draft, Desert Storm, War on Terror, Gulf War, Iraqi Freedom, American Studies, Military / Security / Intelligence, American Studies, Military / Security / Intelligence
- Lookingbill, Brad D.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 424 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN