The Handbook of Interior Design explores ways of thinkingthat inform the discipline of interior design. It challengesreaders to consider the connections within theory, research, andpractice and the critical underpinnings that have shaped interiordesign.
- Offers a theory of interior design by moving beyond adescriptive approach to the discipline to a 'why and how' study ofinteriors
- Provides a full overview of the most current Interior Designresearch and scholarly thought from around the world
- Explores examples of research designs and methodologicalapproaches that are applicable to interior design upper divisionand graduate education courses
- Brings together an international team of contributors,including well established scholars alongside emerging voices inthe field – reflecting mature and emergent ideas,research, and philosophies in the field
- Exemplifies where interior design sits in its maturation as adiscipline and profession through inclusion of diverse authors,topics, and ideas
Keywords: Interior Design, design theory, design research, design practice, art history, art theory, criticism, architecture, design pedagogy, design history, phenomenology, design philosophy, sustainability, design education, aesthetic theory