Offering the first general introductory text to this subject, the timely Introduction toEvolutionary Ethics
reflects the most up-to-date research and current issues being debated in both psychology and philosophy. The book presents students to the areas of cognitive psychology, normative ethics, and metaethics.
- The first general introduction to evolutionary ethics
- Provides a comprehensive survey of work in three distinct areas of research: cognitive psychology, normative ethics, and metaethics
- Presents the most up-to-date research available in both psychology and philosophy
- Written in an engaging and accessible style for undergraduates and the interested general reader
- Discusses the evolution of morality, broadening its relevance to those studying psychology
Keywords: Ethics, philosophy, evolution, biology, Darwin, Hume, G.E. Moore, gene, natural selection, moral psychology