What is Morphology?
is a concise and critical introduction to the central ideas of morphology, which has been revised and expanded to include additional material on morphological productivity and the mental lexicon, experimental and computational methods, and new teaching material.
- Introduces the fundamental aspects of morphology to students with minimal background in linguistics
- Includes additional material on morphological productivity and the mental lexicon, and experimental and computational methods
- Features new and revised exercises as well as suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter
- Equips students with the skills to analyze a wide breadth of classic morphological issues through engaging examples
- Uses cross-linguistic data throughout to illustrate concepts, specifically referencing Kujamaat Joola, a Senegalese language
- Includes a new answer key, available for instructors online
Keywords: linguistics, lexicon, syntax, semantics, phonology, inflection, productivity